08 April 2009

Phantom Canyon

A while back Rapha had a contest to help select some of the most epic & spectacular rides in the US. I submitted one of my personal favorites here in Colorado: the Phantom Canyon loop from Colorado Springs. I got lucky and they selected it among their chosen few to ride with me this summer. I'm excited to do this ride again, especially with the Rapha crew. Its a pretty tough 125 miles, with the biggest arse kicker being the 28mile dirt climb up Phantom Canyon up to 10,000something feet. Then you still have about 50miles home and it ain't all downhill. I've ridden lots of places and done lots of climbs, and Phantom Canyon is really unique. You see a few slices of Colorado. Plus the climb itself makes you feel like a real old timer bike racer [exactly like those vintage Tour de France racing posters!]. If you ever get a chance to ride it, do it.



Speaking of chances, 'Bama is like 10 days away. Been riding and running pretty well. Looking forward to getting there and enjoying springtime in the South. Most definitely looking foward to the chance to race well.

No comments:

Post a Comment